Blackheads form when hair follicles on the skin get clogged with extra oil and dead skin cells. Your body gets oil through hair follicles to moisturize and protect the skin and releases it on the surface. When oil builds up, it pools to collect dirt and dead skin cells. If not washed off, the oil falls back into the pore and forms a clog known as a comedone. When a comedone has starting at the surface, it comes darker it's called blackhead. Using a home remedy of gelatin and milk creates a sticky compound capable of pulling out the clog and release the pore.
- Put 1 tbsp. of unflavored gelatin powder in a microwave-safe bowl. Add the 1 1/2 tbsp. of milk to the powder and mix w/ a spoon.
- Set the bowl in the microwave, and heat the gelatin mixture for 10 seconds.
- Dip your fingers into the bowl, and coat your face w/ the gelatin.
- Leave the gelatin mask on your face for 30 minutes or until it dries completely. The mask will feel stiff when dried.
- Pull the mask off. As the gelatin comes off the skin, it will take the dirt, dead skin cells and clogs w/ it.
- Any milk will work for this mask.
- Use clear, unflavored gelatin. Colored gelatin may stain skin.
- Unflavored gelatin